Ongoing development of the site

Please visit this page first. Read our welcome statement and take the opportunity to introduce yourself perhaps.
Ender3D
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ongoing development of the site

Post by Ender3D »

Hello you few but good people.

You might have noticed the changes I've made to the look and feel of our site forums. If not then you might want to clear the website data cache in your Browser. Don't clear your Cookie cache, just the website cache.

I'm trying to pull away from the traditional bulletin board layout and make our site look cleaner, brighter, and more user friendly. First looks are so important in my experience.

I'm very happy with this new layout and I hope you will be too. I'm always open to comment whether good or bad, so let me have it :D

Almost complete now.. Just header text and logo to sort. Also need to create a Home Page as an anchor for search engines.

I've also secured and registered a new Domain name "3dprinting-community.com" to reflect the wider audience we want to attract. We'll keep the original "ender3dcommunity.com" linking here as well.

Your thoughts will be much appreciated 8-)
You know you've done a good job of uprading your printer when you have some screws and wire left over but it still works! :shock:
AndyM

Re: Ongoing development of the site

Post by AndyM »

I like it rob. Looks clean and modern. If and when you manage to get word out to the world I think it will encourage visitors to sign up mate
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

I love it! It's also very usable on my mobile phone too. The new name should help attract a much larger audience. All good!!
Ender3D
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ender3D »

Thanks for the feedback folks. Almost there now.
You know you've done a good job of uprading your printer when you have some screws and wire left over but it still works! :shock:
Ender3D
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ender3D »

Right folks, I think I've got the site fit for purpose now.

New Domain name "3dPrinting-community.com" is registered and in place
SSL Certificate is in place
Home Page complete
Site is registered with Google Search

There seems to be a slight issue with email notifications but I'll sort that out shortly.

Now let's hope people find us and decide to stay 8-)